Hits

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Notes to Pass the Time

Hello again all my technologically advanced and well connected waterfowl enthusiast friends. Welcome to Muck Bottom Outfitters Lack of Waterfowl Report. Got around on the net today and found some reports here and there concerning waterfowl. After hours and hours of searching for something I finally found it...there it was...nothing...nothing...nothing. No one's talking about anything. South Dakota hunters are talking about the fields being flooded and full of crops, North Dakota is wondering about where the birds are and us lonely hunters in Nebraska are pretty much dark. Did manage to get a couple emails that I thought would pass along. Our old friend Husker turned Gamecock wrote: Would be sweet if you could add me next year to the reports. I will be hunting a pit near Morse Bluff on the Platte and would be happy to give y0u what I'm seeing. As for now, I still stuck in South Carolina. I'll be back for good next summer. The hunting here sucks! I have put in for a lottery duck hunt the past 6 years that the SC DNR manages. I was fortunate enough to have my name drawn this year for the famous ACE Basin on the coast near Charleston. This is a major wintering ground for tons of Atlantic Flyway ducks and geese. The hunt isn't until January 14th but I can't wait. This will be the closest thing to real waterfowl hunting like at home in Nebraska. Your website rules, only wish you had a prostaff that I could join. Thanks
It's great to know that we sad soles here in Nebraska are not the only one's longing for waterfowl.
Another great note came from Waterfowl Wizard. Good thing about this note is that we may get the rest of the story and get something good to hang on to. Wizard wrote: Hay Ditch is ready for action...The captain has it looking really good. Me, Dork-Master and Prof. Binelli (aka Swim Suit Model) are heading out Saturday AM to clean up on any geese in the area. I've been told that the Sillo-Sock man and his crack research and development team have come up with a new type of "flyer". Prototype will be in the action on Saturday. Hay Ditch Honcho assures me that it will revolutionize goose killin'. Details to follow........

Well there's at least one group of hunters who are confident. The rest of us in fixed locations, with no time to scout, are stuck. What's a guy gotta do to get invited on a sure thing? You'd think all the props they get would lead to at least a "maybe we can work something out." Oh well, I'll just keep writing about it hoping there's a revolutionary invention coming our way. Course don't do much good right now. You could send us 100 doz deeks and there ain't a duck in the bottoms that'll see 'em. The weather looks a bit on the promising side as I managed to find a weather report with rain/snow mix in the forecast for Monday. Didn't see which way it's comin' from. The seasons luck will having in coming up from the South, I'm sure. Keep a watchful eye to the sky and your ear to the phone. When they start flyin' there is no room for tomorrow! That's all for now. Check back for the latest and greatest and thanks for over 17.000 HITS.

No comments:

Post a Comment